A new year means a “new you” as they say – but newsflash, 2017 me is the same me as 2016, and 2015, and every year before. I’ve definitely grown up a lot in the past year, so of course, I’ve changed, and I know the year ahead will be full of even more changes. In the spirit of resolutions and new beginnings, I decided to share my 2017 resolutions with y’all to let you in on what’s going on in my life and also to keep me accountable! I know myself, and I know that trying to make a bunch of lifestyle changes at once would not end up working out, so I only have 5 resolutions this year.
- Meal planning – I’m really good about bringing lunch to work, but not so great about taking the time to make a nice lunch the night before. Normally, it’s been me throwing random pre-packaged things in my bag as I run out the door in the morning!
- Consistent workout schedule – Yes, this is so cliche, but I’ve lost a substantial amount of the weight that my senior year gave to me (!!!) and now I’m more focused on just incorporating workouts into my everyday life. Thanks to momma, I’m set up at Pure Barre Lincoln Park (first class tomorrow!) so this should be a fairly easy thing to keep up with, especially since you’re charged for not showing up 😉
- Five year plan – In a lot of the job interviews I had this year, I was asked about my “five year plan.” I thought I knew what the next five years would bring in a general sense, but I never really thought about my future or nailed down my specific goals for each year of my life. SO, I am tasking myself to create a five year plan spanning 2017 – 2021 to keep myself accountable for personal, financial and professional goals. Adult life is so fun, am I right?? (Side note: I bought a cute planner online for this, so I’m making it as fun as possible)
- Blogging – I have gotten better about treating Sophisticaition as a part-time job and not just as a hobby, which in turn has made it more successful than I ever thought it could be. This baby started as something to do in my free time that wasn’t taken seriously by anyone – not even me – and a year and a half later, WOW! This only inspires me to keep going and dreaming bigger! More posts, more collaborations and more inside scoop on great brands and products are headed your way:)
- Secret project – My future sister-in-law and I have been dreaming and planning for a project of ours since summer, and 2017 is the year we make it a reality. I can’t divulge details now, but just know I am SO HYPE! And of course y’all will be the first to know when things start to happen!
I am so excited for what 2017 will bring, but here is a look down memory lane at some of my favorite parts of 2016!